Friday, February 1, 2013

Hey all!

So I'm here in Tanzania, one week in, sittin in an Internet cafe in Iringa.  Our home campus is beautiful, and for class we listen to Eli and Dr. A, and sometimes read books, but mostly play volleyball. This will change.  I started work on my Senior Sem too :D  So.. .let's see...

Day 1 and 2 we spent at Lazy Lagoon, which was an island paradise where we lived in huts, played on the beach, saw a sea turtle (dead), a blowfish (dead), and many other fish and starfish (not dead).  Was glorious. Then we spent a day at a game park and saw (deep breath)

giraffes, elephants, wildebeest, warthogs, impalas, sausage trees, hippos, and a bunch of other stuff!

Now we're living in lovely little huts (kibanda) practicing our Swahili so we can speak with people around here (Tunasoma Kiswahili kwa sabubu kusema na wato wanata hi), and generally having a great time :) (rock climbing, volleyball, NAPS, campfires).  I wish I could talk to all of you, or at least e-mail all of you back, but there's so little time!!! Just know I love you all, I miss you, and I'll try and send out at least a communal snail-mail letter.  Kwa heri!

No comments:

Post a Comment